Every year, the number of families choosing homebirth in the United States grows, and more research becomes available highlighting homebirth as a safe and viable choice. Here are some of the resources you might find valuable when exploring homebirth as an option.
- Citizens for Midwifery
- Choices in Childbirth
- Midwives Alliance of North America
- North American Registry of Midwives
- California Association of Midwives
- Outcomes of Care for 16,924 Planned Home Births in the United States: The Midwives Alliance of North America Statistics Project, 2004 to 2009, Journal of Midwifery & Women's Health, 2014
- Outcomes of planned home birth with registered midwife versus planned hospital birth with midwife or physician, Canadian Medical Association Journal, 2009